Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 22 mal aufgerufen
 Band Fotos
miaowang123 Offline

5 Sterne Punk Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

30.05.2019 03:44
losses to open the season and made the decisi Antworten

SAN FRANCISCO - One more strike. Another couple of feet on a line drive. Thats all that stood between Yusmeiro Petit and one of the most unlikely perfect games in history. Petit lost his bid for a perfect game on Eric Chavezs pinch-hit single with two out in the ninth, and then recovered to retire the final batter in the San Francisco Giants 3-0 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. "It doesnt get any closer than that," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "A strike away and a couple feet away from catching it. Just a beautiful game that he pitched." Petit (3-0) retired the first 26 batters in a remarkably efficient performance, and then got two strikes on Chavez before unleashing a tempting curveball. But the veteran third baseman laid off that 2-2 curveball that Petit was certain he would chase. Chavez lined the next pitch to right field and Petit crouched as the ball left the bat. The Venezuelan pitcher put both hands over his head after Hunter Pence could only short-hop the ball after a valiant diving effort. "The last two outs, it can go either way," Petit said through an interpreter. "I went to 3-2 count. I just wanted to throw a good pitch. Chavez got the hit." Pence made a terrific catch on a similar play to help preserve a no-hitter by Tim Lincecum in San Diego on July 13. But he just missed preserving this piece of perfection. "I gave it my best effort, but it wasnt enough," Pence said. "A low liner in front of me. I felt when it was hit I was in a dream where I could not run fast enough. Off the bat it looked a little short." The crowd of 41,190 fans responded with a standing ovation for Petit, who struck out seven in his 95-pitch gem. A.J. Pollock grounded out to third to finish Petits first career complete game. Petit became the 12th player to lose a perfect game with two outs in the ninth inning and second this year, joining Texas ace Yu Darvish, who was nearly perfect against Houston in April. "My thought is hes pitched a great game now lets break his heart," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. Gibson picked Chavez for that task because of his experience. Chavez had never faced Petit before, but he went in the clubhouse to watch him pitch in the fifth inning to be prepared if he was needed late in the game. "I wasnt trying to break his heart, I was trying to break it up," Chavez said. "Its a pride thing." Before the ninth, the closest Arizona came to a hit was pitcher Patrick Corbins sinking line drive to left that forced defensive replacement Juan Perez to make a shoestring catch for the final out of the sixth. "Bochy called me into the game and told me it might be an interesting game for me," Perez said. "Off the bat I thought it was hit harder than it was. I got a tough read on it. But I was still able to make the diving catch." Pence had three hits, including a home run, and scored all three runs. Brett Pill and Hector Sanchez also drove in runs. Corbin (13-6) tossed eight strong innings, giving up eight hits. He struck out five and walked one. Petit broke into the majors in 2006 with the Marlins, and then spent the next three years with Arizona. He was waived after the 2009 season and eventually landed in San Francisco. He was designated for assignment twice this season but stuck with the Giants and has won each of his three starts since being called up late last month to make a case for a roster spot next season. "Just a beautiful game," Bochy said. "A tremendous display of pitching. He was pounding the strike zone all day with all his pitches. Hes fought his way to get back up here. He was up here earlier and went back to Fresno. Hes just done a tremendous job and hes trying to send a message that this is where he belongs and where he should be pitching." Petit, making his 40th career start, needed 65 pitches to get through seven innings. The right-hander went to a three-ball count twice and did not throw more than five pitches to any one batter through seven. Pence singled and scored on an error by shortstop Chris Owings in the second. He doubled and scored on Hector Sanchezs base hit in the fourth. Pence then hit a drive to left in the eighth for San Franciscos first homer at home since Aug. 21. Sanchez went 3 for 3 and also was behind the plate for Petits best start of his career. "We had a good plan," Petit said. "We had good communication through the whole game." NOTES: Giants LHP Dan Runzler cleared waivers and was outrighted to Triple-A Fresno. ... Giants C Buster Posey missed his third straight game with a swollen right ring finger. Hes expected to miss at least two more games. ... RHP Matt Cain (8-8, 4.43 ERA) will start Saturday nights game for the Giants. Hes 14-6 in 31 starts against the Diamondbacks. ... RHP Brandon McCarthy (3-9, 4.94) gets the start Saturday for the Diamondbacks. Hes coming off his eighth career complete game. ... The gametime temperature of 72 degrees made it the hottest night game of the season in San Francisco. Damarious Randall Jersey .com) - Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer were among the third-round winners Friday at the French Open. Ozzie Newsome Jersey . At this rate, the Flyers captain is set to be remembered more for a fantastic finish. http://www.officialclevelandbrownsfootball.com/authentic-denzel-ward-jersey-womens . The 24-year-old right winger has one assist in nine games this season with the Sabres. In his career, he has three goals and six assists in 43 NHL games. Baker Mayfield Jersey . Trailing 5-4 in the third set, the 12th-ranked Isner fought off two match points and evened it at 5-5 with consecutive aces. The former University of Georgia star had his only service break of the match to go up 6-5 before firing the last four of his 30 aces to close out Ginepri, an Atlanta resident ranked 281st. Britton Colquitt Jersey . The struggling New Orleans Pelicans were simply overmatched. Crawford hit seven 3s on his way to 24 points, and the Clippers beat the Pelicans 123-110 on Monday night. "We understand what we do well. If we all do what we do well, well make our team stronger," Crawford said. EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The quarterback carousel hasnt stopped turning for the Vikings and it seems to spin more wildly out of control each week. After an awful debut on Monday night, Josh Freeman reported to team headquarters this week with concussion-like symptoms. The short week will make it difficult for him to gain clearance to play Sunday night against Green Bay. Step right up, Christian Ponder. Its your turn to hop on for another ride when the Vikings (1-5) host the Packers (4-2). "Its an opportunity to get back in the saddle and be more vocal and take ahold of this position," Ponder said on Wednesday after practice, "because I dont want to give it back." Ponder started the first three games of the season, was injured and then lost his job to backup Matt Cassel. Cassel played well in a victory over Pittsburgh and poorly in a loss to Carolina two weeks ago, prompting coach Leslie Frazier to turn to the newly signed Freeman against the New York Giants on Monday. Freeman went 20 for 53 for 190 yards and one interception in the loss to the Giants, but coach Leslie Frazier said Tuesday that he would stick with Freeman going forward as the starter. Then Freeman was diagnosed with the concussion symptoms, thrusting Ponder back into the middle of the action. For a team that is looking to stabilize itself during a massively disappointing first six weeks, the ins and outs at quarterback arent helping. "At the quarterback position, you want to know who is going to be lining up week-in and week-out," Frazier said. "But thats the circumstance where we are and Christian will do a good job for us on Sunday night." When the season started, it was Ponder who was cast as the franchise quarterback. He had been inconsistent in his first two seasons in the league after being taken 12th overall in 2011. But GM Rick Spielman and Frazier were confident that he would follow the path of Eli Manning and have a breakout season in Year 3. Then they watched Ponder complete just 59 per cennt of his passes and throw five interceptions to just two touchdown passes in three straight losses to open the season and made the decision that his time as the teams starting quarterback had come to an end.dddddddddddd Ponder was clearly disappointed with the decision, and he didnt get a lot of help from a lacklustre offensive line in the process, but he bit his tongue and moved forward as Freeman was brought in to take over. "Hes a competitor and he wants to be out there for sure. But hes handled it well," Frazier said. "Our conversations have been positive. We even talked last week about the possibility of something like this happening, just being ready. When youre in a backup role it takes one play for you to have to be the starter so youve got to make sure your mind is right and youre doing what youve got to do to prepare to go out and play and play well." Veteran receiver Greg Jennings, who will be facing his former team for the first time this week, said he hopes Ponder has learned from his time on the sideline. "Any time you have to take a backseat, any time you have to sit down for a minute, it gives you time to reflect and I think hes done that," Jennings said. "Hes seen how important it is to play at a high level at that position. But even more importantly, how important that position is to the overall success of the team and what it takes to actually hold that position. "Its not just about your quarterback play, its about how you lead off the field as well and on the field, how you command the huddle, how you demand things of your teammates. I think hes had the opportunity to see that." Ponder said he was surprised by the "short leash" he had to start the season, and he thinks he was putting too much pressure on himself. Life as a backup has given him a new perspective. "Now is the opportunity to take that deep breath and go out and have fun again," Ponder said. "I already got benched, so it cant get worse than that." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz